To achieve the above objectives, the mission would adopt the following strategies:
- Ensure an end-to-end holistic approach covering production, post harvest management, processing and marketing to assure appropriate returns to growers/producers.
- Promote R&D technologies for production, post-harvest management and processing.
- Enhance acreage, coverage, and productivity through.
- Diversification, from traditional crops to plantations, orchards, vineyards, flower and vegetable gardens.
- Extension of appropriate technology to the farmers for high-tech horticulture cultivation and precision farming
- Assist setting up post harvest facilities such as pack house, ripening chamber, cold storages, Controlled Atmosphere (CA) storages etc, processing units for value addition and marketing infrastructure.
- Adopt a coordinated approach and promotion of partnership, convergence and synergy among R&D, processing and marketing agencies in public as well as private sectors, at the National, Regional, State and sub-State levels.
- Where appropriate and feasible, promote National Dairy Development Board (NDDB) model of cooperatives to ensure support and adequate returns to farmers.
- Promote capacity-building and Human Resource Development at all levels.